Taste the Love @ Home is here to be your helping hand in the kitchen. We would love to give you some ideas on how you can eat well and create quick, tasty meals incorporating our side dishes, that sit alongside your home delivery meals. Life is hard right now and we need to think about how we can make it a little easier, even if it’s only one meal at a time.
Our home delivery service each week will be serving you delicious main meals and sides to compliment. We will also be sharing blog posts to give you ideas of how you can use our versatile side dishes to help create or spruce up meals. We want to help break up the monotony of thinking about dinner and give you some fresh ideas to give your meals a new lease of life.
We are more than a takeaway delivery service and we are excited to to offer you additional meal inspiration to support your store cupboard staples.
On this week’s menu we have the following side dishes you can transform into delicious meals:
Cannallini & Butter Bean Puree
This is a great side dish that is very versatile and packed full of protein.
- Steam a fillet of fish and serve it on top of the puree with a side of greens.
- Use it as a protein rich replacement for mashed potato, so put in on top of a cottage pie or serve it with sausages & gravy.
- Use it as a base for a quick lunchtime soup. Put it in a pan and add 400ml boiling water, a grated carrot, 1/2 a stock cube, a little mustard and some leafy greens such as kale, cabbage or spinach and simmer until the carrot is cooked.
This is one of my favourite additions to my store cupboard staples as it really makes any dish come alive with freshness and flavour
- Simple stir through al dente spaghetti, add some peas from the freezer and top with cheese.
- Roast Lamb Chops & serve with a dollop of pesto.
- Stir it through mashed potato as a great side dish to roasted chicken.
- Add to mayonnaise with a little bit of chilli sauce to make extra delicious dipping sauce for pizza.
This has a shelf life of seven days in the fridge, or can be frozen for three months.
A simple marinara sauce is the basis for so many delicious dishes and the key to a beautiful tomato sauce is time. Everything needs to be cooked very slowly and with lots of love stirred though.
- Keep it classic & stir though pasta. Serve with fresh basil and Parmesan. When done right, this dish to me is humble perfection.
- Make it into a pasta bake by stirring through cooked pasta, adding fried bacon and onion. Top with cheese and crunched up cornflakes (for the extra crunch!) & bake.
- Use it as a pizza base. My favourite store cupboard late night snack is Pitta Bread Pizza. Tomato sauce, tinned tuna, chilli sauce, topped with cheese and grilled.
- Make Shakshuka. This is a Middle Eastern dish that is perfect for breakfast. In a frying pan add a little oil, 1tsp cumin seeds & 1 tsp smoked paprika, or a tablespoon of harissa. Let it cook for 30 seconds to a minute until you can start to smell the toasted spices. Add the marinara sauce and stir, crack eggs into the tomato sauce, put the lid on and simmer until the eggs are cooked. Top with coriander if you have it.
This has a shelf life of three days in the fridge, or can be frozen for three months.
This is a devil of a sauce and a treat for any kitchen.
- Drizzle it over porridge and top with nuts.
- Pour over chopped banana
- Have it with pancakes
- Pour over ice cream
- Add it to coffee
This has a shelf life of a two months in the fridge.
Want to see what is on this week’s menu here
Want to get in touch here
See the Taste the Love recipe for homemade harissa here to make your Shakshuka delicious.